It's an honor when your hard work and dedication is recognized. We appreciate the folks who enjoy our down home southern BBQ enough to give us a shout out. Here's a short list of our recent Best BBQ Awards.
Best BBQ Awards
- True ‘Cue SC certification
- The State Newspaper
- Free Times Newspaper
- Daily Gamecock Newspaper
- Columbia Metropolitan Magazine
- SC Barbeque Association
- Kiplinger Business Association "Best Mail-Order BBQ"
- Southern Living Magazine – "The Premiere Barbeque Restaurant"
- People Magazine – "Best All-in-One Barbeque Restaurant"
- Top 100 BBQ Houses in South Carolina ~ "If you are in the central part of South Carolina (and now in a few select towns around the state), and you haven’t eaten barbeque at Maurice’s then you’ve missed the essence of true, signature, South Carolina mustard-based barbeque."
- 2012 – Best Hash and Best Banana Pudding by NYC Chef Molly Baz, featured on NPR
- 2008 Tea Tour – Best Sweet Tea
- 1998 – Entrepreneur of the Year by the Small Business Association
Featured in the following:
- Roadfood: Your Guide to Authentic Regional Eats, Michael Stern
- Buxton Hall Barbecue's Book of Smoke: Wood-Smoked Meat, Sides, and More, Elliott Moss (October 2016)
- Where to find South Carolina’s best barbecue, Washington Post (August 2016)
- SC BBQ Road Trip: Interstate 26, Destination BBQ (2016)
- 6 Products to Make Your Company Picnic a Smash Success, Inc.com (September 2015)
- The 100 Best Barbecue Restaurants in America, Johnny Fugitt (2015)
- Carolina-style barbecue is a culture of its own - USA Today (November 2014)
- Guide to the South's Best Burgers, Garden and Gun Magazine (2014)
- "This bright yellow, smooth and tangy sauce lives up to the hype. Ribs, an absolute must, and Best hushpuppies we've ever had."
5 Things to Try at Maurice's BBQ Piggie Park - Girl Meets Food, Washington D.C. Food Blog (January 2014)
- Famous Faces on Columbia Places - The State, mentioned by Leeza Gibbons (June 2013)
- Storify: 2013: #July4atPiggiePark - A look at July 4 through Photos and Tweets
- "If this isn't the best barbeque in South Carolina then it's in the top two." "I'd drive 100 miles to eat this barbeque."
The Top 100 BBQ Houses in South Carolina - top100BBQ.com (2013)
- A History of South Carolina Barbeque, Lake E. High, Jr. - 2013
- Piggie Park: The Next Generation, Lexington Life Magazine – 2012
- The Tastemakers, The State – 2012
- 4,258 Miles Of Meat: Chef, Dad On A Quest For BBQ - Voted Best Hash and Best Banana Pudding, NPR.org (January 2012)
- Real Barbecue: The Classic Barbecue Guide to the Best Joints Across the USA by Vince Staten & Greg Johnson
- Al Roker's Big Bad Book of Barbeque by Al Roker
- Peace, Love & Barbeque by Mike Mills & Amy Mills Tunnicliffe
- America’s Best BBQ by Ardie Davis & Chef Paul Kirk
- Columbia Business Report – 1998
- Chili Pepper Magazine – 1995
- Aiken Standard Paper – 1990
- Food Finds by Harper & Row – 1980s
Featured on the following broadcasts:
- Wach Fox BBQ Championship for Charity 2013
- Meals on Wheels in NYC with Dick Cavet
- "Food Finds" – Food Network
- "Slow Foods, Fast Times"
- Movie – "Chasers" parts filmed at Maurice's Piggie Park®